The power of match funding
Match funding is a highly effective way to help you reach your fundraising target. Match funds incentivise giving by doubling donations from your supporters, inspiring them to donate in the knowledge that their gift will go twice as far. As a member of the Big Give community, you’ll be eligible to participate in our match funding campaigns and to run your own. This will help you to secure additional funds, inspire larger donations from your supporters, and to re-engage lapsed donors.
There are several articles that demonstrate how offering match funding can help benefit charitable donations. Here are two of our favourites:
- Multiplying magic of matching funds – Josephson (2015)
- Effect of matching ratios on charitable giving in the United States – Karlan & List (2005)
Something for everyone
We believe that match funding works for organisations of all sizes. You will be free to set your own project and challenge targets. The Big Give team is also on hand to help you throughout the process.
How can I take part?
- Big Give campaigns: each year, the Big Give sources Champions to provide match funds towards your projects. Champions are trusts, foundations and corporations who promise to match the online donations that you receive and therefore allow you to maximise your fundraising potential.You can read about the different opportunities here.
- Run your own campaign: leverage the gift of a major supporter by using it as match funds to double further donations to your charity. Read more about the opportunity to run your own campaign on theBigGive.org.uk here.
- Eligibility: to be eligible to use our services, ensure you have created an account on the Big Give. We will send you information about how you can apply to take part in a Big Give match funding campaign or run your own.