What is it?
The Big Dinner is an online match funding campaign run by the Big Give and The Childhood Trust. The Big Dinner is a new campaign for 2019 and is focused on alleviating the impact of child poverty, specifically food poverty in London. During the week of the campaign supporters can have their donation to participating charities doubled.
Who is eligible?
- UK-registered charities with at least one year of filed accounts and an annual income of at least £25,000 (as per last filed accounts).
- Charities raising funds specifically to help provide meals and food for disadvantaged children in London throughout the year. This can include food redistribution, food banks / parcels and meals & snacks delivered in a range of settings and frequencies.
- Charities which are registered on theBigGive.org.uk (free to register).
Who matches the donations?
- Each charity has its own matching pot consisting of contributions from a charity’s own major supporters (Pledge funds) and The Childhood Trust (Champion funds).
- Together, these match funds are used to double donations made to the charity via thebiggive.org.uk during the week of the campaign.
- A charity’s Pledge funds will be used to double donations initially and when these have been exhausted, donations will be doubled by the charity’s Champion funds.
- Please see the Guidebook below for further information.
Example: If a charity is seeking to raise a total of £8,000 towards their project and receives online donations of £4,000 in the Big Dinner, these donations will be doubled by the pledges (£2,000) and The Childhood Trust (£2,000).
Big Dinner Guidebook
Campaign Terms & Conditions
Stage One Application Guide
Setting a realistic target
Stage Two Application Guide
How can I apply?
Applications for the Big Dinner 2019 are now closed
Stage 1 Application Deadline: 1st February
Stage 2 Application (Pledges) Deadline: 2nd March
Campaign Dates: 10-17th April
Feel free to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @BigGive.
Back to top