The Big Give works with a variety of philanthropists including trusts and foundations, corporations, high-net worth individuals and statutory bodies, who we call ‘Champions’. The Champions provide some of the match funding to double online donations to charities participating in our campaigns.
Since 2008, our Champions have helped to raise over £97 million for thousands of charity projects.
We are extremely proud to work with such a unique and exclusive group in the philanthropic world, and we take the security of Champions’ information very seriously.
All Champion correspondence with the Big Give is managed by the Director, Alex Day. It is tailored to your preferred communication style, whether that be email, telephone, post or face-to-face meetings. If you wish to stop hearing from the Big Give, it is easy to opt-out at any time by sending this instruction to Alex Day via any communication channel.
We respect your privacy and will never approach individuals with whom we have had no prior contact to become a Champion. However, we are excited to share our match funding model with charitable funding organisations, companies, statutory bodies, etc. who we feel might benefit from our match fund offering. Our prospect research only involves using information that can be found in the public domain.
To be able to achieve our purpose of inspiring people to give to causes that matter most to them through match funding, it is necessary for the Big Give to process Champion information. We use legitimate interests or consent as the lawful bases for processing your information (this would have been made clear at the point of us acquiring your data) to be able to provide the following services to you:
- To help you find charities that align with your philanthropic interests – there are almost 10,000 charities registered with theBigGive.org.uk. The Big Give is also a member of several large charity networks meaning we can curate applications from charities which meet your objectives
- To offer you advice on conducting any in-depth due diligence on charity applications for a Big Give match funding campaign and helping you to select charities to support
- To facilitate the distribution of your Champion funds following a campaign
- To offer you any other administrative support to provide a hassle-free way of grant-making & philanthropy
- To invite you to provide feedback, assist with surveys and input into consultation exercises on improving the Big Give platform
- To provide administrative information and/or service announcements and updates (including changes to our policies and terms)
- To ensure our records are accurate and up-to-date
- To be able to store your information securely
- To comply with our legal obligations or to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions.
Please note this list is not intended to be exhaustive and may be updated from time to time as the Big Give’s business needs and legal requirements change.
We will not share your personal information with any third parties unrelated to the Big Give, except where we are under a legal obligation to do so, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions.