Private Match Fund
*Please note applications for the Private Match Fund 2016 have now closed*
What is the Private Match Fund?
The Christmas Challenge is the UK’s biggest online match funding campaign. The Christmas Challenge Private Match Fund is part of the Christmas Challenge where you provide your own match funding. Charities taking part in the Private Match Fund secure pledge promises from one or more of their own major donors. These funds are used as a matching pot to double online donations received when the campaign goes live (12pm on 29th November – 12pm on 2nd December).
For example, a £100 online donation will be doubled to £200 using funds from your matching pot. You will join hundreds of other charities raising funds in the Christmas Challenge, doubling online donations using pledge funds only.
Why take part?
- More people give when their donations are match-funded: recent research showed that 84% of survey respondents felt that they were more likely to give if matching was offered. (Read more here).
- Donors give more when their donations are match-funded. The average matched gift made through the Big Give is £333 while the average unmatched gift is £132.
- Over half of participating charities in the Christmas Challenge 2015 recruited new donors.
- The Christmas Challenge is the UK’s biggest online match funding campaign and this year we’re partnering with #GivingTuesday for even more impact. Don’t miss the chance to join us in a national movement of giving.
- Finally, you’ve already raised your pledges so using these as matching funds is an excellent way to make the most of the hard work you’ve already done.
[gravityform id=”6″ title=”true” description=”true”]